Effective: [May 23, 2017]
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites or Goods and Services.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. If you choose to provide any information on Tavistock’s social media platforms, that information may be used by Tavistock according to this Policy. Any information you provide to our vendors such as OpenTable will also be conveyed to Tavistock and used in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Goods and Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Goods and Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites or our Goods and Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, from time to time we may use your information, such as your e-mail address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Goods and Services on third party websites.
- To administer contests, sweepstakes and competitions that may be offered through the Sites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Goods and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Sites and Goods and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer the Preferred Guest Program.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, including the entities that operate the various restaurants within the Tavistock Restaurant Collection; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites and Goods and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Sites and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Sites, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Sites preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Our Sites and Goods and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational e-mails or newsletters to you if you signed up to receive them. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving e-mails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Goods and Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Goods and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Goods and Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com or 407-909-7053.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Sites, at http://tavistockrestaurantcollection.com/privacy-policy/.
California Privacy Notice
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), users of the Site and Services who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at Tavistock Restaurant Collection, ATTN: Customer Service, 4705 South Apopka Vineland Road, Suite 210, Orlando, FL 32819.